martes, 16 de octubre de 2007

Grammar

GRAMMAR

Question Tags:

Are use to check information
Can be affirmative or negative
It alone to continue to the conversation

Example
read the dialogues. What words go in the gap?
1. Mr Charming: What a beautiful dress! haven´t i seen you before? you work in fashion, __Don´t__ you? Woman: yes, i __Do__. We meet at a fashion show.
2. Mr Charming: I´ve read all your books. You´ve just written a new, one, ___Haven´t_ you? Man: Yes. i _Have__. It´s about a film star.
3. Mr Charming: i love lobster! the food is delicious here. __isn´t_ it? Woman: Yes it _is__. But i prefer caviar.
4. Mr Charming: You´re Sarah, _aren´t__ you? No, you´re Judy! Anyway, can i get you a drink? Sarah: i´m sarah! Judy: And i´d love a drink!
5. Mr Charming: You were at the last party here, __Weren´t_ you? Would you like something to eat Dog: Woof woof! Mr Charming: Yes you __Would_!


First Conditional with If:

Are use to talk about a real possibilities in the future

First Conditional with When:

Are use to show the situation is 100% certain.

First Conditional with As soon as:

Are use to emphasise that an event happiness immediately.

Example

Dear Charlie!

How are you? Time ago that I didn’t writing; I hope that you are ok, I’m so good, I’m study medicine in second semester and I have to study so much but is very interesting, last month I studied anatomy, oh my god is very largest to memorize 500 or more parts of your body, but fortunately I already left of that modulate, now I’m in neurology modulate, people said that is easy in comparison to anatomy but I don’t know, I hope that, maybe tomorrow we’ll star with brain anatomy, if it is true I will study this week ´cause the brain is compound for 3 cerebral vesicles and 6 sub cerebral vesicles (this topic is very difficult in my opinion), I need a new plan to study, when I’m at collage tomorrow I will study in the free time ´cause I have class every day and sometimes I have 2 or 3 free hours.

On the other hand, do you remember Stella? Of course jaja, she brake up with her boyfriend, I will tell her as soon as I see him with another girl but she never believed me, Martha was married with Pablo Duque is a boss of Microsoft, I think that if she didn’t married her family lose the house.

In this summer when I’m in Spain I will visit you, promises

See you!!

Have to:

Is often use for rules/ regulations

Most:

Is a prohibited/ not allowed

Should:

Is a recommendation


Example

Rules to raise a good son

All parents have a common dream, have a soon, but sometimes the have mistakes

The child have to sleep before at 8:00 pm
The child most to take the medicine without protesting
The child should be taught to pray before sleeping

1 comentario:

Claudia Acero dijo...

Don't forget to include the references. That will help us identify trhe source.
Next time include the reference, the answers and your application.